Milotice nad Opavou (in German Milkendorf, originally Milotdorf) is situated 4 km east of Bruntál. The village is situated at an altitude of 509 m.
Area: 1918 ha
Population: 426 (1.1. 2010)
The first mention about Milotice and Jelení, which is today a part of Milotice, is from 1288. Originally, both villages belonged to Horní Benešov, its owner was Beneš from Branice. Milotice gained its name from its founder Milota from Dědice. In 1377 both villages belonged to Krnov. From 1453 the village was void, Jelení was damaged by army of Matthias Corvinus during their march to Silesia in 1474. Jelení was restored in the end of 16th century, Milotice was restored at 1508 by Hanuš Lichnovský from Vošice. In the mid of 19th century Milotice and Jelení were incorporated into the region Bruntál, in 1959 both villages were merged.
At the beginning of 20th century there were some companies: In Milotice it was weaving and dyeing materials and factory paint Trion, in Jelení it was weaving of linen and cotton goods, and brickworks.
Historical buildings, monuments and sights
Parish church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary in Jelení (built between 1675 to 1676)
Cemetery Chapel of the Assumption of Virgin Mary in Milotice (from 1888)
Statue of St. Nepomuk
Football playground, cycling track, a multipurpose hall (to play badminton), clay court tennis, volleyball and football (Sport penzion Eva)
Sanctify of baskets at Easter - Orthodox custom, the meeting with seniors, children's fancy dress ball, fire ball, Saint Nicholas Day, theatrical performances with children welcome citizen, Children's Day, show choirs, dulcimer; Football Tournament for the Cup Mayor, tournament a small football gold shorts, Fire Memorial competition Rudolf Gony, BB CUP Badminton individuals, VIP couples badminton tournament.