Origin of the village Dlouhá stráň isn't exactly documented by date. Dlouhá Stráň village is situated south-east from Bruntál in attitude 517 m.
Area: 222 ha
Population: 88 (1.1. 2010)
In documents from year 1224 there were given these villages: Mezina, Razová and Leskovec. The valley of the river Moravice was colonised from north and south. At this time it was a big boom. Boundaries of Bruntál led along the river Opavice down – today there is the village Oborná and along Černý potok, earlier it named Kalná voda, until Moravice.
Boundaries of Horní Benešov reached to gate of Bruntál. South-east of Bruntál it was the village Lučina, north-west it was the village Žárnice. These villages aren't exist now. Also the village Dlouhá Stráň is in the place, where it was the village Týlov u Bruntálu. Both of villages with the village Razová were belong under Horní Benešov. In 1241 – 1253 it was removed villages Dlouhá Stráň and Jelení.
The first mention about Dlouhá stráň appeared in the time od the Thirty Years war. In
1631 was Bruntál and villages Mezina, Oborná, Dlouhá Stráň and Staré město a place of Danube Regiment with power 2000 men.
In archive of German knights in Vienna there is a list of population of Bruntál from 30th of August, 1642. The number of population is 5062 people, in the village Dlouhá Stráň the population is 73 people. The list is from the time of the Thirty Years war. The populousness was damaged, because Bruntál was attacked by Svedes. The biggest damage was in Dlouhá Stráň.
In 1777 there was built a church in Dlouhá Stráň, which was dedicated to saint Anna. The 17th of March 1849 it released new regulation, where it was that master of village is a major with local council, which is elected by the council. The election due to new statute in Dlouhá Stráň was the 1st of July 1850.
In 1907 it was built a road from Jelení to Dlouhá Stráň. Before the second world war there lived in Dlouhá Stráň 241 people, 230 was german nationality and 11 people foreign nationality. In this time the village owned a pub, a school, 22 hectares of field, 4 hectares of forest. In the village there was a one-class primary school, grocery, newsagent's and pub.
After ending of the second world war in 1945 was german people displaced from the village and there immigrated families from Moravia, region Kroměříž and Uherské Hradiště and later from Slovakia. In large part people worked in agriculture (21 families) and the rest of them there go to Bruntál to textille factories.
The village was a separate administration of the local National Committee to year 1964, when the village passed under National Commitee Mezina. In the village there were 3 deputies.
In 1979 was Dlouhá Stráň connected to town Bruntál, it was directed by National Commitee. In this time part of property of the village was sell (school, fire department, some building land).
Historical buildings, monuments and sights
Church of Saint Anna – was built in 1722
In agriculture peasants worked privately to 1951, when it established a collective farm. From 1965 agriculture was carried out in state form. Privately they worked two families.