Members of Micro region

ZnakThe town Bruntál is situated in the north-east part in the Czech Republic, in the west part of the Nízký Jeseník. Bruntál is also situated in Silesia, 70 km from the town Ostrava, 250 km from the capital city Prague. It's attitude is 547 m, it is called "the gateaway to Jeseníky."

 

Area: 3 016 ha
Population: 17 387 (1.2.2010)

Panorama

History

The oldest written mention about Bruntál is in the Uničovská charter of King Přemysl Otakar I. of year 1233, from which it can be concluded that it was founded around the year 1213, it was the first settlement with the Magdeburg city law in the Czech lands. The order of Teutonic Knights town got in 1621, a gradual decline was in the 18 century due to disaster of the Thirty Years War in the 17th century., plague and fires, 18th century., 1918 - 1938 city development, in October 1938, occupied by soldiers of the Nazi Germany, 7th od May 1945 it liberated by the Soviet army.

HistorieHistorie

Historical buildings, monuments and sights

Bruntál castle (start the 2nd half of the 16th century). Castle Park (16 century), Dean's Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary (13th century). Complex of the church of the Virgin Mary Utěšitelka and monastery of Piarists (1731-1757), Baroque pilgrimage church of the Virgin Mary Pomocná on the Uhlířský vrch (1755-1765), from which leads 1 km long four-row linden avenue to the town (from 1760), with the way of the Cross, Evangelical church (1887), Cemetery chapel of the saint Michael (1674), Gabriel's House (mid 16th century). Cultural house (neo-Renaissance building), Mildner's villa (early 20th century). The historical center was declared an urban conservation area with a protective zone.

ZámekEvangelický kostelGabrielův důmMildnerova vilaZámecký parkKostel Nanebevzetí Panny Marie

Traditional industry

Mining of precious metals has long been a major source of prosperity of the town (it also shows urban character), the town was a center of crafts guilds and major market center, the development of industrial and textile industry (18th cent.), after the war it were built new races.

Current industry

Among the largest businesses include traditional manufacturers of flax yarn Moravolen, specialized plastics and toolmaker company Alfa Plastik, OSRAM firm, which deals with production of tungsten, food companies such as dairy in Jesenice, Limova, installers Linaset and Gardena.

Regular events

New Year's output in the Uhlířský Hill, „Okolo Harty" – memorial of Petr Hábl, International evening run across Bruntál, Terry Fox run, a youth soccer tournament, a Christmas carp Run, Christmas Basketball Tournament, Earth Day.

Important natives and personalities

Johan Krištof Handke (Moravian Baroque painter), Rudolf Templer (creator of religious paintings), Erich Hlaváček Hürden (painter of Jeseníky), Hanns Bruno Wittek (poet), Karel Ptáčník (writer), Teresa Kronesová (opera singer), Engelbert Adam (author of games , the first owner of the local movie theater), Karel Anton Gebauer (profesor at the university in Vienna), Ernst Ludwig (founder of forensic medicine), Emerich Machold (founder of textile), Wenzel Franz Olbrich (significant mayor).

Natural traits

Uhlířský vrch (672 m) - an extinct volcano

Four-row linden avenue - planted at the suggestion of Commander Freiherr von Riedheim 250 years ago

Kostel Panny Marie Pomocné na Uhlířském vrchuLipová alej na Uhlířský vrch

Culture

Municipal Theatre, cinema Centrum, Museum, Gallery In the chapel, the old Club for Bruntal - lectures, concerts of classical music, Club of friends of music - classical music concerts, Africa Pub - rock concerts

Sport

Ski lift and ski trails in Uhlířský vrch, an artificial ice rink, wellness center, municipal swimming pool, sports center with bowling, squash and skittles, indoor go-kart rental, tennis courts, table tennis hall, sports hall, hiking and biking trails.

Official website:

www.mubruntal.cz

CrestOrigin of the village Dlouhá stráň isn't exactly documented by date. Dlouhá Stráň village is situated south-east from Bruntál in attitude 517 m.

 

 

Area: 222 ha
Population: 88 (1.1. 2010)

Dlouhá Stráň

History

In documents from year 1224 there were given these villages: Mezina, Razová and Leskovec. The valley of the river Moravice was colonised from north and south. At this time it was a big boom. Boundaries of Bruntál led along the river Opavice down – today there is the village Oborná and along Černý potok, earlier it named Kalná voda, until Moravice.

Boundaries of Horní Benešov reached to gate of Bruntál. South-east of Bruntál it was the village Lučina, north-west it was the village Žárnice. These villages aren't exist now. Also the village Dlouhá Stráň is in the place, where it was the village Týlov u Bruntálu. Both of villages with the village Razová were belong under Horní Benešov. In 1241 – 1253 it was removed villages Dlouhá Stráň and Jelení.

The first mention about Dlouhá stráň appeared in the time od the Thirty Years war. In
1631 was Bruntál and villages Mezina, Oborná, Dlouhá Stráň and Staré město a place of Danube Regiment with power 2000 men.
In archive of German knights in Vienna there is a list of population of Bruntál from 30th of August, 1642. The number of population is 5062 people, in the village Dlouhá Stráň the population is 73 people. The list is from the time of the Thirty Years war. The populousness was damaged, because Bruntál was attacked by Svedes. The biggest damage was in Dlouhá Stráň.

In 1777 there was built a church in Dlouhá Stráň, which was dedicated to saint Anna. The 17th of March 1849 it released new regulation, where it was that master of village is a major with local council, which is elected by the council. The election due to new statute in Dlouhá Stráň was the 1st of July 1850.

In 1907 it was built a road from Jelení to Dlouhá Stráň. Before the second world war there lived in Dlouhá Stráň 241 people, 230 was german nationality and 11 people foreign nationality. In this time the village owned a pub, a school, 22 hectares of field, 4 hectares of forest. In the village there was a one-class primary school, grocery, newsagent's and pub.

After ending of the second world war in 1945 was german people displaced from the village and there immigrated families from Moravia, region Kroměříž and Uherské Hradiště and later from Slovakia. In large part people worked in agriculture (21 families) and the rest of them there go to Bruntál to textille factories.
The village was a separate administration of the local National Committee to year 1964, when the village passed under National Commitee Mezina. In the village there were 3 deputies.

In 1979 was Dlouhá Stráň connected to town Bruntál, it was directed by National Commitee. In this time part of property of the village was sell (school, fire department, some building land).

 

Historical buildings, monuments and sights

Church of Saint Anna – was built in 1722

Calgary

Church of Saint AnnaChurch of Saint AnnaCalgary

Industry

In agriculture peasants worked privately to 1951, when it established a collective farm. From 1965 agriculture was carried out in state form. Privately they worked two families.

Official website:

www.dlouhastran.cz

ZnakOriginal name of Horní Benešov was only Benešov, in 1926 the name was changed to Horní Benešov. It is situated in north-east part of Czech Republic, in the west part of Nízký Jeseník, attitude 568 m.

 

Area: 5973 ha
Population: 3 453 (1.2. 2010)

Náměstí v Horním Benešově

History

In 1226 Benešov was mentioned as mining settlement. Silver mines in Benešov was the oldest in the Earth. Colonisation of the region between Opava Krnov made Vok I. – he was son-in-low of Premysl Otakar II. In 1474 the town was burned, the charter was damaged, it preserved only in Latin language. From 16. century there developed weaving in the town. In 1717 the town burned, also in 1767 and 1820. In 19. century Benešov was under the region Bruntál. The town became the centre of textille industry. Weaving of linen and cotton yarn formel in 1817, in 1900 there were more than 14. There were also bleaching and dyeing, knitting, knit the stockings, they produced veba, bobbin lace, threads, cords, ropes.

Histroické náměstíJiráskova ulice

Historical buildings, monuments and sights

Church of saint Kateřina – church nave
Chapel of the Virgin Mary – was built in 1893, designed by Mr. Edmund Riedle
Memorial – victims killed in the 1st world war
Statue of saint John Nepomuk – in May 2006 moved to the square
Military fortifications of Lichnovská šance – the fortification of 30-year war or artillery of war 7 years

Kostel sv. Kateřiny a lípa vysazená roku 1524PamátníkSocha sv. Jana Nepomuckého

Traditional Industry

In 19. century Horní Benešov was connected to Bruntál region, the town became the centre of textille industry. In the town there was also a brewery with malt house, a distillery, a plant for production of liqueurs and fruit juices, baked the gingerbread, then there was letterpress, branch banks and insurance companies, municipal savings bank, four hotels, weaving, merchants, trade and since 1928 Czech minority school.

Mining of metal ores was restored in 1830, but was discontinued in 1887. Between 1902-1914 there mined barite. The mines were back in operation from 1951 - 1992.

Actual Industry

In this time there is reconstructed sewer, roads and sidewalks. The square and Masarykova street has changed. It's possible to use an ice rink, four lane bowling, tennis courts, football stadium, sports hall and a children's playground. In town children have a possibility to visit art and music study at the Music School.

Culture

City Library

Sport

Football playground, ice rink, bowling

Official website:

www.hbenesov.cz

ZnakIt is situated in the foothills of Jeseníky at Silesian Harta dam 13 km from the former district city at an altitude of 510 m. The nearest village is located 4 km away (Razová, Staré Heřminovy), the nearest city 8 km away (Horní Benešov).

 

Area: 1560 ha
Population: 453 people (1.1. 2010)

Pohled od kostela sv. Vavřince do Leskovecké zátoky

History

The village belongs to the oldest housing estates of Jeseníky. It is named in the charter of Lechsdorf in 1224. During the time it also called Špachov or Spachendorf. In 1300 Leskovec passes to the property of the Opavian prince Mikuláš II. In 1377 Leskovec passed to Jan I. During the Hussite wars many people were killed. In the years 1474 – 1476 the region belonged to kings Matyáš Korvín and Kazimír I. Since 1623 the village passed to the family of Lichtenstein. During the Thirty Years War there were soldiers, who ravaged land, and robbed people. In July 1850, there was the first election is Leskovec. After 1945 people emigrated there, most of Wallachia, Ostrava, Slovakia and Hana.

Historical buildings, monuments and sights

Church of the saint Vavřinec - baroque church built in 1768

Calvary

A memorial plaque to Rudolf Saliger

Kostel sv. VavřinceKostel sv. VavřincePřístaviště obce LeskovecPamětní deska Rudolfu Saligerovi

Personalities

Rudolf Saliger (1873 - 1958) - Court counsellor, chartered engineer, doctor of technical sciences. He was professor of reinforced concrete construction in the years 1924 - 1925 and 1938 he was the rector of Technical University in Vienna.

Sport

Multipurpose playground, football playground, boat rental, bike trails

Přístaviště v LeskovciVíceúčelové hřiště

Official website:

www.leskovecnadmoravici.eu

ZnakLomnice is situated in the Lower Jeseník. It was established by integration two villages Lomnice u Rýmařova and Tylov. The village is a unique starting point to the recreation area Silesian Harta. It is situated at an altitude of 548 m.

 

Area: 2725 ha
Population: 543 (1.1. 2010)

Pohled na Lomnici a okolí

History

The village belonged to the traditional agricultural villages. Since 1678 there was a hereditary magistrate. There was a weaving mill and a sawmill.

Industry

Obec patřila k tradičním zemědělským vsím. Od roku 1678 zde byla dědičná rychta. Byla zde tkalcovna a pila.

Historical buildings, monuments and sights

Parish Church of saint George - single-brick building from the mid-14th century

The common grave of Red Army soldiers and a monument - monument antifascist resistance

Calvary

Kostel sv. JiříKostel sv. JiříBoží muka

Famous Personalities

Gustav Brauner (1880 - 1966) - was born in 10th Tylov September 1880, an important painter. After graduating from the painting school he worked in the Czech Budejovice. He died on 3rd March 1966 in Memmingen, Bavaria.

Gustav BraunerČeské Budějovice, Radnická ulice. (Pohlednice dle originálu G. Braunera)České Budějovice. Dům tří loupežníků - Stará solnice u kláštera. (Pohlednice dle originálu G. Braunera)České Budějovice, klášter. (Pohlednice dle originálu G. Braunera)

Natural Attractions

Lomnický lime-tree - declared a memorial tree in 1973

Tylovský pond - built on Lomnický stream that flows through the village

Official website:

www.obec-lomnice.cz

ZnakVillage Mezina (in German Messendorf) is situated in Low Jeseníky, 4 km south from the town Bruntál. It is placed in a slightly sloping valley between the hills and it drags from the Černý potok at an altitude of 476 m above sea level to Venus volcano at a height of 665 m above sea level.

 

Area: 1138 ha
Population: 285 (1.1. 2010)

Obec Mezina

History

Village Mezina was founded in 1258 on the border of Moravia and present-day Bohemia, formerly Austrian Silesia, during the reign of King Premysl Otakar II. In Mezina they mined iron, gold and silver. Mezina was founded on brook, because there was a mill. To Mezina there belonged courts, fields and forests. Mezina was a component of the town Bruntál. In 1830 there was founded a factory for metal goods and engineering, in 1831 the paper mill, in 1851 laundry and linen production in 1888 embroidery, lingerie, and aprons. Since 1930 up to 1970 was operated a basalt quarry.

During normalization, the village Mezina was included among the other community significance. Then the Mezina was affiliated to the town Bruntál. In 1974 it was declared a building ban. Construction of the village was restored in 1985 in connection with the displacement of municipalities. The administrative part of the town Bruntál was village until 1990.

Industry

In the village it was founded in 1830 factory for metal goods and engineering, in 1831 the paper mill, in 1851 laundry and linen production, in 1888 embroidery, lingerie, and aprons. Since 1930 up to 1970 was operated a basalt quarry.

Historical buildings, monuments and sights

Holy Trinity Church – church nave architecture from 1777 arched barrel vault

Memorial to victims 1 St. War - is planted of tufa stones and decorated with copper heart with the inscription "To all people of good will"

Calvary

Kostel Nejsvětější TrojicePamátník obětem 1. sv. války

Natural attractions

PP lava flow at the Mezina - uncovered Venus volcano lava flow with well-developed columnar and spherical separation, the basalt with olivine

Venus volcano - an extinct volcano quaternary

Four commemorative trees - Lípa u Kohoutů, Dub u Slováků, Mléč v Mezině, Klen v Mezině

Přírodní památka Lávový proud u MezinyLávový proud v detailuPamátný strom - Javor mléč v MeziněPamátný strom - Dub u Slováků

Venušina sopka nad obcí MezinaPamátný strom - Javor klen v Mezině

Regular events

In the village are organized various cultural and sporting events. At the beginning of the year is the winter tournament of bobsleigh and sledge, a carnival, then in the spring of IWD, seating for seniors and the concert in May in the church, in summer there is a theatre and a children's day, in autumn feast and run of the Mezina's thistle.

Sport

Within the development community and land-use plan in the village they build new houses, they plan a construction of a sports playground in the upper part of the village and rest areas for cyclists and hikers. In the fields over Mezina and under Venus volcano it should arise golf course and golf club facilities in the future, sports facilities for volleyball, badminton, softball, bowling and billiards. In another location has created a hotel and caravaning.

Official website:

www.mezina.cz

ZnakMilotice nad Opavou (in German Milkendorf, originally Milotdorf) is situated 4 km east of Bruntál. The village is situated at an altitude of 509 m.

 

 

Area: 1918 ha
Population: 426 (1.1. 2010)

Pohled na Milotice

History

The first mention about Milotice and Jelení, which is today a part of Milotice, is from 1288. Originally, both villages belonged to Horní Benešov, its owner was Beneš from Branice. Milotice gained its name from its founder Milota from Dědice. In 1377 both villages belonged to Krnov. From 1453 the village was void, Jelení was damaged by army of Matthias Corvinus during their march to Silesia in 1474. Jelení was restored in the end of 16th century, Milotice was restored at 1508 by Hanuš Lichnovský from Vošice. In the mid of 19th century Milotice and Jelení were incorporated into the region Bruntál, in 1959 both villages were merged.

Industry

At the beginning of 20th century there were some companies: In Milotice it was weaving and dyeing materials and factory paint Trion, in Jelení it was weaving of linen and cotton goods, and brickworks.

Historical buildings, monuments and sights

Parish church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary in Jelení (built between 1675 to 1676)

Cemetery Chapel of the Assumption of Virgin Mary in Milotice (from 1888)

Statue of St. Nepomuk

Farní kostel Nanebevzetí Panny Marie

Sport

Football playground, cycling track, a multipurpose hall (to play badminton), clay court tennis, volleyball and football (Sport penzion Eva)

Events

Sanctify of baskets at Easter - Orthodox custom, the meeting with seniors, children's fancy dress ball, fire ball, Saint Nicholas Day, theatrical performances with children welcome citizen, Children's Day, show choirs, dulcimer; Football Tournament for the Cup Mayor, tournament a small football gold shorts, Fire Memorial competition Rudolf Gony, BB CUP Badminton individuals, VIP couples badminton tournament.

Official website:

www.miloticenadopavou.cz

ZnakMoravskoslezský Kočov (in German Mährisch - Schlesisch Kotzendorf) is a village, which is situated 2 km south of Bruntál. It lies on both sides of the frontiers of Moravia and Silesia. The village lies at an altitude of 565 m.

 

Area: 1498 ha
Population: 512 (1.1 2010)

Obec Moravskoslezský Kočov a nad ní se tyčící Uhlířský vrch

History

The village Moravskoslezský Kočov lies on the historic Moravian-Silesian border and was originally two separate villages of Moravia and Silesia Kočov in 1949. Time of founding of village is unknown. The first mention of Kočov is in the charter from 1405. At that time Kočov was the center of the princely estate. In 1474 the village was destroyed by the Hungarian army in 1504, it is reported as a wasteland. It was restored before 1538. At the time of the confiscation of White Mountain was Moravian Kočov connected to the Sovinec manor, Silesian Kočov was remained at the Bruntál estate. The division hadn't factual significance, because both the estate was awarded the Order of Teutonic Knights. At the Thirty Years' War, village was damaged several times. After the war, the village was developed as a purely agricultural. In 1935 there was a brickyard. Since 1990 were the first post-communist elections. To this day, after a period of autonomy built water lines, gas lines, repairing the local roads, cultural facilities, municipal office, fire station. It was built football ground, bus shelters repaired, restored church clock, illuminated church and regulated public spaces.

Historical buildings, monuments and sights

Church of Sts. Michael - the older core of late-Renaissance tower, restored in 1658, from 1793 to 1795 and modified in the Empire in 1823

Chapel of the Virgin Mary, Vol. Cross, Vol. And St. Joseph. Anthony - were consecrated on 21st September 2002 by Mr. Antonín Krejčiřík

Chapel of St. Elizabeth - consecrated 16th August 2008 by the rector Stefan Bednar, located behind the village in the direction of the Uhlířský vrch, tzv. Záhumenní communication

Kostel sv. Michala KapličkaBoží muka

Sport

Football playground, tennis court, multipurpose hall

Official website:

www.mskocov.cz

ZnakVillage Nová Pláň (in German Neurode) is situated 10 km from the town Bruntál. The village is situated at an altitude of 494 m on the right bank of the Silesian Harta.

 

Area: 171 ha
Population: 43

Pohled na obec Nová Pláň

History

Founding of Nová Pláň copper mill is attested from 1640. Obtained copper was mined in the Nová Pláň. It also suggests the name Kupferberg (Copper Mountain). In the second half of the 17th century they was built a factory on the production of copper products and copper utensils. Since 1660 the copper was imported from Cieszyn. Originally Nová Pláň, Karlovec and Roudno belonged to the parish. Before the built the church in Nová Pláň (1905), its people went to church in Karlovec. After the abolition of patrimonial administration in 1850 Nová Pláň belonged to Moravský Beroun region. In 1881 was built the school in Nová Pláň. Since 1989, they buy houses, then demolished them and then they started to built a dam Silesian Harta. In the village, there were only 6 families. The village became a separate from 1993. The entire filling of the dam occurred during the floods of 1997. There are currently 43 people, who live there.

Traditional industry

From the census 17th of May 1939 they lived in Nová Pláň 271 people. They mainly works in a copper mill and agriculture. 155 people were worked. People in the village were very faithful to God. The Roman Catholic Church is reported 269 residents and the Evangelical Church is reported 2 people. There were 81 houses. In Nová Pláň there was a sawmill and a tannery.

After the great fire in 1935, in which the sawmill burned down, was founded by an alliance of voluntary firefighters. Since 1899 was founded the Society of Germans, and since 1927 the German Cultural Society.

Current industry

It is grown here rye, barley, oats, canola, potatoes and forage mixes. In the village there is a bottler of mineral water brand Mountain Spring.

Natural attractions

The village is spread out in a valley stream, named Soap Creek. It flowed to the river Moravice. In the north of the village was surrounded by wooded hills and countryside to the east was "open". Of the three sides of the village grew spruce and fir forests and the village was protected from strong gusts of wind.
The village had a healing spring. Later, the healing spring had dried.

Sport

Swim, bike and pedal boats, marinas, bike trails, hiking trails

PřístavištěPohled na kotvící plachetnice v zátoce u Nové Pláně

Official website:

www.novaplan.cz

ZnakVillage Razová is situated in northern Moravia, on the left bank of dam Silesian Harta. It lies about 9 km southeast of the town Bruntál at an altitude of 500 to 650 meters above sea level.

 

Area: 3188 ha
Population: 515 (1.1. 2010)

Pohled na Razovou

History

The first written mentions about Razová are from the 1288. During the Hussite wars and the campaign against the troops of Matthias Corvinus Polish king Casimir was probably the village burned and remained in ruins. By the year 1531 the village was called Radsoff. Its name was derived from the local old Slavic settlement. As a newly inhabited village is referred to the year 1548. The year 1851 was Razová city status with a substantial area of land, forests and an important local industry. The first school building was built in 1863 and seven years later there was post office in the village. In the same year it was confirmed the official name of the village Raase. In 1904, local schoolchildren sat down to school the new school building. The first electric lamp is lit in the village in 1927, when the electrification was carried out.

Traditional industry

By 1928 there was a brewery of brothers Bitmannů, later a malt house, which was destroyed eleven years later. The village was mainly characterized by agricultural activities. Grain processed three mills, which were associated with a bakery, a saw, and also drying potatoes. The facility ceased in 1946. There was processing of flax, which then was processed to the local weaving. Near the village there were two sandstone quarries. They also produced cement. By 1935, the village had even its own power station.

Current industry

In the past, most people worked in the village and its surroundings, today the situation is totally different and people mostly commute to work in Bruntál.

Historical buildings, monuments and sights

Church. St. Michael

Calvary and chapels

Limekiln - Located about 2 km from the village towards Leskovec. It was used for burning limestone. It was built in 1912 from the gross quarry stone, the paneling is made of bricks, the walls are 1 m wide, height and width is approximately 4 m. Limestone in this area was mined for centuries and probably was used for construction purposes, as well as for bleaching linen. Limestone was used for the iron works in Roudno Furnace have a grate, under which they burned by wood. They give a limestone on the grate. The process of firing lasted about 24 hours until thick smoke has stopped, then the lime give customers. In 2001 the furnace was repaired by the Club For old Bruntál and open to the public. At present, furnace belongs to the technical monuments.

Kostel sv. MichalaBoží mukaVápenná pec

Natural traits

Razovské tuffs - basaltic tuffs and tuffs were mined for about 800 years. Stone is processed to various products such as wash-tubs, troughs, steps, bridges, the posts, road and garden columns, milling stones, tombstones, bases, retaining walls, etc. It served as a building material in the construction of the Silesian churches and castles. Razovské and Karlovecké tuffs and tuffs, arose from volcanic material from the volcano. It was used in the construction of nearby rail lines, especially in Central Moravian. Razovské bearing is nowadays largely extracted.

Memorial tree - leaved Lime - promulgated in 2005, is located near the stairs of the church of St. Michael's girth: 373 cm, tree height: 24 m, estimated age of the tree: 200 years

Razovské tufityPamátný strom - Lípa velkolistá

Sport

Fishing, swimming, playground sports (soccer, table tennis, tennis), cycling, for the smallest available in the area of primary school or at the Silesian Harta different swings and jungle gym.

Official website:

www.razova.cz

ZnakThe village lies on the right bank of the dam Silesian Harta at the foot of the highest volcano in the Velký Roudný. Before construction of the dam, village continued on the village Razová. The average altitude of 577 m.

 

Area: 2214 ha
Population: 179 (1.1. 2010)

Pohled na obec Roudno

History

Original name of the village was "Roudenská Mountain." The name is from the ore, which is located here - copper, iron and gold. The gold was located and washed in the river Moravice. During the First Republic they found gold on the slope Roudný. The first written document about the village is from 1397. Part of the village, which in the 90 the 20th century Water flooded the Silesian Harta, was quoted back in 1224. Village was flooded and in 1546 there was built mill. At the end of the 18th century, copper mining was recorded. Village is attributed to Princess Anne Přemyslovna. At the beginning of the 15th century, Roudno belongs to the estate Dvorce. In the second half of the 18th century Duke of Minstrberk had based Karlovec and separate estate, which belonged also Roudno. Until 1945 Roudno belongs to Lichtensteins. Roudno belonged to a mill and sawmill, quarry and sand pit. Its part of the settlement is Volárna that originated in the 2nd mid-18th century.

Kaple na Velkém RoudnémKaple na Velkém RoudnémObec Roudno v pozadí s Velkým Roudným

Historical buildings, monuments and sights

Baroque church - built in the mid 17th century

Velký Roudný Tower (built in 2007) - 20 meter high wooden construction on concrete foundations with an indoor observation deck on top of the tower is a view of the ridge Hruby Jeseník to Low Jesenik, Krnovsko, Opava, Beskydy and Oder Hills

Brick Chapel - built in 1933 and refurbished in 1998, near the chapel is an iron box with top book

Way of the Cross

Two stone cairn with a cross - dedicated to the victims first World war

Barokní kostelZděná kaplička na vrcholu Velkého RoudnéhoKřížová cesta

Natural attractions

Velký Roudný (780 m) and Malý Roudný (771 m) consists of two prominent peaks above the village Roudno.

IPA Velký Roudný (780 m) - There are species-diverse mesophilic meadows with the appearance of specially protected and endangered plant species. A similar complex in this meadow preserved condition elsewhere in the low Jeseník occur. Its significance is enhanced by the occurrence of a number of plants that are currently bound to the substrate calorific basalt tuffs. Significant landscape is a system of parallel, densely overgrown trees and hedges.

Lava flows of the Velký Roudný - is the longest north-eastern current, which was established for the extraction of basalt quarry. This lava flow dammed in places today Silesian Harta Moravice River valley, which formed a large lake, which fell into the volcanic igneous rocks. These deposits were porous tuffs, which are still found around the village Razová. These tuffs were mined as a good building material.

Devil's stone at the top of the Velký Roudný - a large stone found tufový near the top of the Velký Roudný. This stone is a legend of the battle between God with the devil.

Velký a Malý RoudnýČertův kámen

Official website:

www.obecroudno.cz

ZnakThe village is located in the Lower Jesenik, about 15 km from the town Bruntál, neighboring cities and municipalities of Horní Benešov, Leskovec nad Moravicí, Bohdanovice and Svobodné Heřmanice. The village is situated at an altitude of 473 m.

 

Area: 1230 ha
Population: 230 (25.3. 2010)

Pohled na Staré Heřminovy

History

The village was founded in 1253. It was a monastic village near Benešov. From 1 January 1978 to 23 November 1990 were Staré Heřminovy part of village Horni Benešov. In the autumn of 1474 the village was burned. The houses stood on both sides of the creek in two rows, the courts farmhouse were separated from one another. The houses were very massive, a court has belonged to them. Near the courts were stables and barns. Both sides of the village lined forest.

In 20 century was a lot of fires and natural disasters. In 1914, burned down a barn with a shed. Two years later, burnt out shop and warehouse of businessman Pitsch. Over the next three years burned dwelling house and farm buildings of two local people. In 1920, burned down cowshed. A strong storm broke trees and turned the carts. Also burned a shed with wood. In 1923, it wasn't rain. This was followed by a huge drought and crop failure. In 1928 a terrible hurricane hit the region. In the Staré Heřminovy damages were so high that cattle had to be sold. In later years, even hail hit the village and several fires.

Historické fotografie Starých Heřminov

Traditional industry

Staré Heřminovy were purely agricultural village. In 1889 was founded a club called Obručářská checkout. At the end of the 19th century, agriculture used only simple tools. Farmers planted crops by hand, used sickles and later replace them with scythes. After 1900 into the village came first harvester. In 1901 former businessman Hanke had founded a first dairy. Fourteen years later, the dairy was closed. From 1920 to 1945 local producers imported milk to a dairy farm cooperative in Svobodné Heřmanice.

Current industry

In the village was developed mainly agricultural production, which continues to this day. Most people go to work outside the village.

Historical buildings, monuments and sights

Church of Sts. Wenceslas (originally a wooden chapel)
Meier court
Memorial at the cemetery wall
(year 1920) to honor the memory of standing and fallen heřminovské people
Czechs chapel
or Sandler's chapel and other
Sandler's mill

Kostel sv. VáclavaRybníček ve Starých Heřminovech

Notable natives and personality

Wilhelm Türk (1871 - 1916) - doctor, university professor in Vienna, known by the discovery of white blood cells

Regular cultural and social events

Competition for young firefighters, meetings of all generations, events for children - Children's Day, Christmas Party, the May events, etc.

Culture

Local Library

Official website:

www.stare-herminovy.eu

ZnakVillage Valšov (in German Kriegsdorf) is located in the district Bruntál in the Moravian region. It lies at an altitude of 520 m.

 

 

Area: 982 ha
Population: 260 (25.3. 2010)

Valšov

History

The first written mention about the village is in 1377. The village belonged to the principality of Opava. In the second half of the 15th century (1468-1479) that was the demise of Valšov. Another mention of Valšov was from 1565. The last owner of Valšov was John IV. Bruntal of Vrbno. Valšov was assigned to Sovinec estate.

Valšov had the largest population in the year 1930 (583 inhabitants in 2011 - 268), there were two schools of German and Czech, two mills, railway station and post office. After the year 1945, were displacement of Germans, and residents came here mostly from South Moravia and Slovakia. Across Valšov is leading railway built in 1870-1872. In 1879 was built turning Valšov - Rýmařov valšovské station and thus became the railway junction.

Historical buildings, monuments and sights

In the village there are not any important buildings and monuments, there is Thankful cross, two wooden barns built in 1934, the firehouse, renewed on Calvary at the green marked hiking trails in the direction of the Silesian Harta.

The village has no church or cemetery. In the village there are two quarries of extraction Moravian offal.

Požární zbrojniceObecní úřad

Traditional industry

Valšov was purely agricultural village of 938 ha (late 19th century.) They reared 34 horses, over 270 head of cattle and nearly 100 pigs. There was a forest district. Farmers set up their plant and agricultural co-operative (since 1924). In the village there were two mills and two saw, station and post office.

Current industry

Two gravel quarries firm Dolní Benesov: old quarry (on the right of the State road) was opened in 1958, handles the stone - Moravian offal, the crushed stone for construction purposes, mainly for the production of communications, the annual capacity of the old quarry is 200 thousand. tons per year, a new quarry (left of the road) was opened in 1997, handles the same mineral, but its annual capacity is 500 thousand. tons per year.

Handling Center is the company Valšov Agroforest Nová Pláň is the building near the Valšov station. They produce wooden components for building purposes. Fisheries Tylov (produces and exports salmonids - American char and rainbow trout, operates retail, sport fishing, agro-tourism, accommodation and preparation of fish specialties).

Valšov

Natural traits

Geographically belongs to the system Valšov Low Jeseník. Dominant peaks around Valšov belongs to Sunny Highlands and are mainly Copper Hill (687 m), Medenec (650 m), Hill (679 m) and Smrčina (645 m). Axis Valšov community forms a sharp angle with the line connecting tectonic ridges, which on the boundary of the Tertiary to Quaternary (1-1.5 million years ago) formed the youngest stratovolcano Czech (layered cones) - Jesenice volcano (Uhlířský vrch, Venus Volcano, Velký Roudný, Malý Roudný and Červená hora).

Valšov flows through only a single stream, which is sometimes called Kočovský. The community also should include the river Moravice - stemming in large boilers in Praděd Highlands.

Sport

Municipal playground, walking and cycling route

Official website:

www.obecvalsov.cz

Contacts

Information Center

Leskovec nad Moravicí 204
793 68 Dvorce
Mobil: +420 603 996 548
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Location on the map

From 1.11. to 30.4.
provides information service 
Obecní úřad Leskovec nad Moravicí
tel.: 554 731 001,  554 725 462
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Opening hours

From 1.5. to 30.6.
Saturday, Sunday, holidays  9:00   17:00
 in the main tourist season (from 1.7. to 31.8.)
 Monday to Sunday 9:00  18:00 
From 1.9. to 30.9.
Saturday, Sunday, holidays 9:00   17:00

Mikroregion Slezská Harta

Residency:
Leskovec nad Moravicí 204, 793 68 Dvorce

IČ:  71193821

Represented:
Ing. Libor Unverdorben

e-mail:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Our partners